Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Season's Tweetings!!!

My special tradition....
handmade Christmas ornaments.
For almost 40 years now, I have made about 2 dozen 
handmade Christmas ornaments for my family and closest friends.
A tradition started by my Mom, one I have enjoyed doing each year and one I know that means a lot to my children, grandchildren and other family members.
This year's ornament ~ 

For he base miniature music sheet, I used several 12 x 12 scrapbook pages that were printed randomly with the song sheet, and cut them apart.  (Boy was I lucky not to have to shrink down music paper!) The birds and sentiment and coordinating die set are by Lawn Fawn (Season Tweetings). 
A tiny line of glossy accents and white snow glitter was applied to the brim of the red hat.
This is the first time I've used Lawn Fawn products, and I really enjoyed using them....
which equals, I need more!
Birds were colored with Copics and raised with pop dots. After punching and adding the red thread for the hanger, I did go back and apply glossy accents to the front and back of the punched hole to help reinforce the paper and prevent tearing. 

What is your Hand Me Down Tradition for the Christmas Season? I welcome your comments and stories. 

This posting will also be submitted to the following sites where I invite you to visit to see what other great cards and projects you might find:
Facebook groups: Christian Card Maker
and on my personal site, Not Just Scraps


Thank you for stopping by and for following my blog postings.

Serving a Risen Savior  ~Pam

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful ornament Pam. I don't know that we have any specific traditions like that, but I have handmade most of my Christmas decorations, but there some in my box that were once on the tree when I was a child.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete