Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Removable Bookmark Card ~ Double Ribbon Challenge

Today I wanted to share 
another idea on using your long narrow stamps
which will also turn part of your card 
into a useful bookmark.

This 1 1/2" x 3" stamp of the birds singing
is just one example of using any vertical stamp,
coloring, matting to compliment your colors
 and adding a double ribbon 
to make a nice bookmark.  
Keep in mind the completed size should equal to 
or be less than the size you want your completed card. 
Since I wanted the birds to be the focal point,
the sentiment and additional banner additions 
were added in softer shades of blue.
Two mini glue dots were used to temporarily hold the 
bookmark to the card during mailing.

This card was also going to be sent as a thank you,
so I wanted to add something extra to the envelope.  
Do you ever do that?
Envelope Art is another growing craft  for sure.
I make a lot of my envelopes (Love my Stampin Up 
Envelope Maker) and 
I used a Unity stamp for this design 
with Copic coloring and metallic gel
pen highlights.  
The final touch ~ a little glossy accents~ what fun!


I also submitted this card for the 
Double Ribbon Challenge on 
Jennifer Evers site, Koala T Crafts.  
If you haven't been by there lately, 
please stop over and visit Jenn.
Her site is undergoing some new changes, with lots of 
new members, challenges, swaps and crafting videos!

Thank you for stopping by ~ Pam

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I love to make bookmarks because I love to read. The envelope is so gorgeous. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete