Monday, September 5, 2016

Celebrating Our Labor

In honor of Labor Day, one of the card challenges for the 
weekend was to make a card about a career.  It could
be your own career or that of a family member.

I elected to make my card reflective of
my career as a Photographer. 

For this card base, 
I selected the aqua card stock that matched
the SU ink, Bermuda Bay. 
The white background is dry embossed using 
a Darice camera background folder, 
then high-lighted using
matching Quote Quotes ink.    
Wooden camera embellishment on the bottom right, 
has a flat back pearl glued inside the lens area.  
I couldn't find any ribbon, string or 
twine to match the other inked pieces, so I pulled the thin
white cotton 'rope' through the ink pad several times. 
The tag is punched out using the Creative Memories tag punch.
Capture Every Moment just seems like the perfect 
title or sentiment for this card reflecting that ...
do what I love and love what I do
and try diligently to capture every moment.  


May all your days be full things you love to do! 

{Note:  This card will be available for Sale during September
on my facebook site, Not Just Scraps.}

Thanks for stopping by ~ Pam 


2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the nicest blogs you have posted. It is a personal post and gives me a homey feeling while reading it. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were a photographer, but did not realize this card was created to celebrate that. It is a beautiful card. I love the colors and the sentiment is perfect for the card and cameras. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete